Pilgrim’s employs approximately 38,000 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 12 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company’s primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com. Pilgrim’s is seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor for its Mt. Pleasant, TX Prepared Foods facility
This position is responsible for supervision of quality programs, including the planning and implementation of the quality management program. Also supervises product specification testing and other highly complex quality programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of quality team around implementation of quality and food safety programs and standards.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and standards to quality team and other plant employees. Coordinates training.
- Conducts other tests, microbial testing and assigned projects.
- Maintains good communication and working relationship with the quality team and operations and USDA personnel.
- Ensures that all USDA regulations are followed and that Pilgrim’s and customer quality programs meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and directing the work schedules of hourly employees.
- Previous Supervisory experience required; in a poultry/food environment a plus.
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills. SAP experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to become well versed in customers’ quality programs in short period of time.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must be dependable, prompt and willing to work weekends and overtime as needed.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors degree preferred.
How to Apply:
Candice Kearney at email@example.com.